- My macros and key bindings are gone
- My key binds and macros aren't saving
- Game shortcuts are broken
Key binds and macros are saved when closing the game via the in game menu. This may occur exiting the game with ALT + F4. To ensure the settings save properly, click Logout or Exit when closing the game client.
In some cases, it's possible for game files to be set to Read Only preventing them from being updated on exit. To address this, follow the steps below:
- Select Options on the World of Warcraft tab on the Blizzard Battle.net App
- Select Show in Explorer
- Open the World of Warcraft folder
- Right click the WTF folder and select Properties
- On the General tab, uncheck Read-only
- Click OK
- On the Confirm Attribute Changes window, confirm that Apply changes to the folders, sub-folders, and files is selected
- Click OK to apply changes
Blizzard Customer Support cannot assist with user interface, addons, key-binding, and macro configurations. This includes recommending addons, or help installing them. You may find help from other players in our dedicated Game Forums.