I want to play SC2 but only get a black screen. The game seems to crash, but music is still playing.
If you encounter a black screen at startup or during gameplay, follow the steps below to solve the problem.
Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If you are receiving a Windows error that mentions the "NV4DSP.DLL" file even after updating your drivers, try reverting your drivers to an older version. Visit NVIDIA®'s Downloading Drivers page for more information.
- Start the game in windowed mode.
- Click the Blizzard icon on the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Game Settings and check the Additional command line arguments box under StarCraft® II.
- Type -Displaymode 0 in the box and click Done.