How to Unlock Wild Format and Classic Format
- Cant play in Wild Mode, how do I unlock it?
- Cannot buy Wild cards or adventures in-game
- The Classic Mode icon is grayed out
To unlock Wild Format and Classic Format you must first complete the tutorial and graduate from the new player ranks in Standard Format by reaching Bronze 10.
New players to Hearthstone start in the Apprentice League, which contains 40 ranks, from Apprentice 40 to Apprentice 1. You cannot lose stars while playing these ranks. When you advance out of Apprentice 1 you are promoted to Bronze 10, gaining access to the normal Ranked Play and Classic Format.
To unlock both formats you also need to do one of these things:
- Play a Tavern Brawl. You need to have one hero of level 20 at least.
- Obtain a wild card from any source. If you already have Wild cards in your collection from before Wild format was introduced, try these as a troubleshooting step. To obtain a wild card you can:
- Buy card packs form Wild Format
- Craft a Wild Format card with Arcane Dust
- Playing a Wild Format adventure
You will automatically unlock Wild Format when any of your current cards moves to Wild Format, which will happen as Hearthstone releases new expansions.