Adding a phone number will allow Blizzard to send you notifications when important changes are made to your account. Any standard mobile phone in a supported country with a data plan can be used with this service.
Note: Standard messaging charges may apply. Some languages may not be supported by local carriers. Check with your wireless service provider for more information.
When you can't log in, you can receive texts that can:
- Unlock your Blizzard account
- Remove a lost authenticator
- Recover your account name
- Approve a password reset
In addition, you can receive phone notifications to help keep your account safe.
- Get a text message if your account is locked by a suspicious login attempt
- Know immediately if your password has been changed
- Be alerted when security features are changed on your account
Phone Number Required to Access Certain Games
To prevent account abuse, you are required to add a text-enabled mobile phone number to your Blizzard account before you can access certain free games.
Eligibility & Limitations
Blizzard phone notifications are designed for text-enabled mobile phones. You can link a Blizzard account to a single mobile number for notifications. If you lose your phone but plan to replace it and keep the same mobile number, phone notifications will continue to work as it has before, since it's associated with your phone number rather than the device itself.
- A phone number can only be attached to one Blizzard account.
- Phone notification messages are sent via text. Messaging apps like iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android) are not supported.
- Mobile phones with prepaid plans may not work with the phone notification service.
- Phone notifications cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider are not eligible for the service.
If you lose your phone and don't plan to replace it, or if you want to remove Blizzard phone notifications while you find a new phone, submit a ticket.