Gathering Battle.net Desktop App Logs
Updated: 8 months ago
Article ID: 28923
We will occasionally ask for log files to help us identify and troubleshoot technical issues for the Battle.net desktop app. This guide explains how to gather your Battle.net desktop app logs for submission.
Note: For instructions on gathering game specific logs, please see our Obtaining Game Error Logs article.
- Download LogGoblin.exe.
- Exit any running games and close the Battle.net desktop app.
- Run LogGoblin.exe and wait a few minutes while your Battle.net desktop app logs are gathered.
- After collecting your logs, press Enter to close the program.
- A zip file named BattleNetLogs-[YYYY-MM-DD].[HHMMSS].zip, which contains all of your log files, will be created in the same location as LogGoblin.exe.
- Download LogGoblin_Mac.zip
- Close the Battle.net desktop app if it's running.
- In Finder, navigate to your user account Downloads (~/Downloads) directory and double-click the archive to extract LogGoblin.
- Run LogGoblin and wait a few minutes while your Battle.net desktop app logs are gathered.
- A zip file named BattleNetLogs-[YYYY-MM-DD].[HHMMSS].zip, which contains all of your log files, will be created at the location shown in the Terminal window.
- Exit Terminal.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!