Power Cycling Your Network Devices
Updated: 3 years ago
Article ID: 31851
Power cycling your modem and router allows them to reset and re-establish a connection to your ISP. Follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:
Note: If your modem has a battery backup, you will need to take the battery out or use the reset button on the modem.
- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down and unplug the modem and the router if you're using one.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds unplugged.
- Plug in and turn on the modem and router, and allow them to completely boot up until the front panel connection lights on the modem show a steady connection.
- Start the computer and allow it to completely boot up.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!