- Cannot trade loot to another party member
- Can't trade dungeon, raid, or instance loot
- Can't trade loot sent by the Postmaster
Most loot can be traded to an eligible party member within two hours. If the player you want to trade with is not on the same realm, the trade must be completed before leaving the instance and group.
Both players involved in the trade, must have participated in the fight and be eligible for loot. If you did not get a chance to participate in the fight (by hitting the boss or healing a player), you won't be able to trade loot.
- You cannot trade an item if it has a higher item level than what you have previously looted for that gear slot and specialization.
- This includes set items, weapons, and items that are upgrades for your other specializations (even if you don't play those specializations).
- Toys, mounts, pets, and Legendary items can't be traded.
- Items received via in-game mail from the Postmaster can't be traded.
- Items that have been equipped or modified can't be traded.
- This includes using enchants, sockets, transmogrification, etc.
- Items won from a bonus roll can't be traded.
- Items dropped from a World Boss can't be traded.
- Items that are special appearance drops, like Scythe of the Unmaker, can't be traded.
Customer Support will not bypass these rules to trade items between players. If you have an item that doesn't appear in the list above and you can't trade it, submit a bug report.
Loot trading is not possible in WoW Classic, with the exception of raid gear. Customer Support will not be transferring loots between players. For more information, please visit our forums.