If you are unable to connect to Battle.net or can't stay connected, try the following steps one at a time, then test the connection after each step is complete.
Note: These steps apply to StarCraft, Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III.
- Right-click the game's icon and click Run as administrator.
- If you cannot access Battle.net, download and install the latest patch
- Check the Battle.net status forum for server maintenance notifications.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with the game. Close any running background applications.
- Try to connect to all four Battle.net Realms (USEast, USWest, Europe, and Asia). If only one Battle.net Realm is inaccessible to you, it may just be a temporary connection problem or a temporary restriction. Battle.net access may be temporarily restricted for one of the following reasons:
- Spamming text in the chat channel
- Rapidly connecting/disconnecting to Battle.net
- Repeated attempts to use an invalid CD-Key
- Repeated use of an incorrect password may lock an account login for your protection
- Repeated use of third-party programs (hacks) including, but not limited to, sending bad packets, flooding the server(s), and the use of hack programs
- Configure your network to make sure your connection is not being blocked by a firewall or router.