Error 132 can be caused by a variety of things. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
Clear Corrupted Files
- Begin by closing any running background applications.
- Reset your UI to make sure your User Interface files are not corrupted.
- Run the repair tool to resolve issues with damaged game files.
- Run check disk and defragment your hard drive to resolve any file system or hard drive issues.
Update Your Drivers
- Our games require an up-to-date operating system in order to run properly. Run Windows Update to be sure you're using the most recent version.
- Outdated video drivers can cause a multitude of issues. Update your video drivers to the most recent update.
Overheating and Memory Issues
- Crashes can occur if your system components are overclocked for higher performance. Set your components to factory default speeds to resolve this issue.
- Overheating can cause your system to lock up and become unresponsive. Check for overheating components.
- Errors in your computer’s physical memory can cause the game to crash. Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool.
Viruses and Malware
- Certain malicious software can lock down necessary data that the game needs to run. Run a virus and malware scan to be safe.
Tried everything here?
If you tried all the steps for your operating system and the issue is not resolved, try to uninstall your current copy of the game, then reinstall the game client. If you still need assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum or contact us.
Article ID: 300561