- I can't chat in game
- I am unable to send chat in World of Warcraft
- My chat channels are greyed out
There are a number of things which can cause problems with chat in World of Warcraft, including incorrect settings, corrupted files, and AddOns. If your account has not been silenced and you are having problems chatting, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Reset Chat by typing /resetchat in the chat window
- Refresh chat channels in chat settings:
- Right click the chat box
- Choose Settings
- Manually check and uncheck chat channels to refresh them.
- Type in /join commands manually join the channels you are missing: for example, type /join trade to join trade chat.
- To clear corrupted files, reset your User Interface
Note: Some chat channels are restricted on accounts without game time. If your account was created within the past 24 hours, you may need to wait for restrictions to fall off your account before you can use chat.