- I'm new to the game, how do I create a free trial?
- I already have a WoW account but want to have another one, do I need to create a new Blizzard account?
Don't have a WOW Account
I want to try the game for free
If you do not have any World of Warcraft account yet, the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App can create an account for you:
- Download the Battle.net Desktop App
- Log in to the app
- Choose World of Warcraft on the panel on the left
- Over the Play button, click on the Region/Account drop-down menu and select your preferred region
This will create a free Starter Edition account.
I want a Standard account
If you do not have any World of Warcraft account yet, buying game time in the Blizzard Shop will create a Standard account for you.
If you have a Starter Edition, adding the game time to it will upgrade it to Standard.
A Standard account does not include the latest expansion. If you would like to have access to the latest content, we recommend buying the World of Warcraft:Complete Collection.
Already have a WoW account
You can have up to 8 World of Warcraft accounts in the same Blizzard account.
You can add new accounts in the Blizzard Shop.
- Go to the Blizzard Shop
- Select World of Warcraft game time (not recurring subscription)
- Click Buy Now (no charges will be applied yet)
- Click Create a New Account. This will create a new Starter Edition account
- If you want your account to be Standard, you must complete the purchase
- If you want your new account to remain a free Starter Edition, exit the shop
The next time you launch the Blizzard app, use the drop-down menu on top of the PLAY button to select the World of Warcraft account you want to log into.