- My friend lists shows my friends as "Character unknown" and I can't invite them
- Error: "Unable to start game: Seasonal heroes are not able to play with non seasonal heroes."
- My friend is showing in the app in Diablo III but I can't see him in game
There are currently no known bugs with partying with friends in Diablo III. There are some restrictions on creating parties with other players in Diablo III:
- Seasonal characters cannot party with non-seasonal characters
- There are limitations on characters who own different levels of content partying with other non-upgraded versions
- Characters on trial accounts cannot party with characters on fully upgraded accounts
If your character can't invite other characters but should not be blocked by any of the above restrictions, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart the game
- Create a new seasonal character, log in, log out, and then delete the new character again
- Create a private game
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!