- Being dropped from the Voice Chat after joining a match
- Cannot join Team or Group voice channels
- Hear people talking but I can't talk
- Teammates are muted but cannot be un-muted
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat. If you need information on voice chat features, visit our Overwatch Voice Chat article.Note: You will be unable to use voice chat if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Check your voice chat channel settings and make sure Team Voice Chat and Group Voice Chat are set to On or Auto Join.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is plugged in.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it's unmuted.
- Make sure you have the correct device selected for Voice Chat Devices under the Sound menu.
- Make sure your Default Device is set up correctly in Windows by right-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and selecting Recording Devices.
Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If your voice chat is set to Push To Talk, try changing the keybind for Voice Chat: Push To Talk to a different key in the Controls menu.
Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Recording Devices.
- Select your device and click Properties.
- Select the Advanced Tab.
- Uncheck any boxes in the Exclusive Mode section.
Tried everything here?
If you're still having problems with voice chat, contact us and include your Overwatch voice chat logs:
- Open your Documents folder. This folder is typically accessed in the Start menu.
- Open the Overwatch folder.
- Open the Logs folder.
- Find overwatch.log, this is your voice chat log.
Note: Voice chat logs are reset every time you start Overwatch, so it's important you attach this file to your ticket before starting the game again.