- Being dropped from the Voice Chat after joining a match
- Cannot join Team or Group voice channels
- Hear people talking but I can't talk
- Teammates are muted but cannot be un-muted
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat. If you need information on voice chat features, visit our Overwatch Voice Chat article.Note: You will be unable to use voice chat if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Check your voice chat channel settings and make sure Team Voice Chat and Group Voice Chat are set to On or Auto Join.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is plugged in.
- Check your microphone privacy settings to make sure applications have permission to use the microphone.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it's unmuted.
- Make sure you have the correct device selected for Voice Chat Devices under the Sound menu.
- Make sure your Default Device is set up correctly in Windows by right-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and selecting Recording Devices.
Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If your voice chat is set to Push To Talk, try changing the keybind for Voice Chat: Push To Talk to a different key in the Controls menu.
Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Recording Devices.
- Select your device and click Properties.
- Select the Advanced Tab.
- Uncheck any boxes in the Exclusive Mode section.
Tried everything here?
If you're still having problems with voice chat, contact us and include your Overwatch voice chat logs:
- Open your Documents folder. This folder is typically accessed in the Start menu.
- Open the Overwatch folder.
- Open the Logs folder.
- Find overwatch.log, this is your voice chat log.
Note: Voice chat logs are reset every time you start Overwatch, so it's important you attach this file to your ticket before starting the game again.