- When I launch the Battle.net app it automatically starts a Scan and Repair
- The app is scanning game files in infinite loop
If the Battle.net App is stuck in a Scan & Repair loop, this usually indicates that your game data is corrupted. To resolve this:
- Click the Cogwheel icon next to the Play or Update button and choose Show in Explorer
- Close the Battle.net App
- In the Explorer window you just opened, locate and delete the Data folder
- Restart the Battle.net App and wait for any updates to complete
If this does not resolve your issue, you may need to follow our Troubleshooting Installation and Patching article along with Connection Troubleshooting article to troubleshoot the source of the issue before trying a full reinstall. Note: For this error, if you have other versions of the game such as Beta, PTR, or different versions installed at this point we would recommend uninstalling them all before reinstalling.