Troubleshooting Overwatch 2 Connection Problems on Consoles
- I can't connect to Overwatch 2 on console
- I'm getting dropped from Overwatch 2 on console
- Failed to connect to Game Server
If you're experiencing high latency or lag in Overwatch 2 on your PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch, follow these steps to help resolve your issue.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data.
- Run your console's built-in connection test (PlayStation 4) (Xbox One) (Nintendo Switch).
- Select Show Network Stats from the Options > Video menu to view connection information. Our Diagnosing Overwatch Network Problems article defines each stat with possible troubleshooting steps.
Tried everything here?
If the steps above did not resolve your problem, visit our Technical Support forum or contact your console's manufacturer for more assistance (Sony) (Microsoft) (Nintendo).
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!