- I am in the US and want to play an EU WoW account
- I am in the EU and want to play with my friends in the US
- How can I play WoW in another region?
- Can't create a new starter account for another region.
World of Warcraft accounts cannot be transferred between regions.
Creating a Starter Edition
Starter Edition accounts have limitations, but are free to play. As long as you do not already have a Starter account for your home region, you can create one in Account Management by clicking "Play for Free".
If you want to play in another region, you can create a Starter Edition on the Games & Subscriptions page of your account. To create the account:
- Visit the Games & Subscriptions page of your account
- Under the Starter Editions & Public Test Regions section, click +Create Starter Account
- Select a region from the drop-down menu
- Click Create Account
Creating a Standard account
Standard accounts are created when game time is added to any Starter account, such as completing the purchase workflow previously described, or claiming a World of Warcraft CD key.
If you buy World of Warcraft from a third party website or retailer, the CD key will always be of a specific region. Please consult with your point of sale before buying the code, to ensure it belongs to the region of your choice. Blizzard Customer Support will not swap wrong codes.