Blizzard Battle.net App Stuck in Chinese
- I'm not in China but can't change my Blizzard App region to anything but China.
- I can't change my region.
- My region is stuck to China.
To resolve the issue follow the steps below to set up a new administrator account for the computer that does not have the language pack installed.
New Administrator Accounts
- Click Start.
- Type Add User.
- Select Add, edit, or remove other users.
- Click Add someone else to this PC.
- Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
- Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Set the User Name as Test, click Next.
- Select the account Test. Choose Change account type.
- Choose Administrator from the dropdown, click OK.
- Right-click on Start.
- Select Shut down or sign out > Sign out.
- Login to Test.
Once logged in, run the Blizzard Battle.net App.
- Click the Apple Menu and select System Preferences.
- Click Users (Users & Groups in 10.7).
- Click Add (+) below the list of accounts.
- Choose Administrator from the New Account pop-up menu.
- Enter a full name for the account. Note: An account name is generated automatically. If you want to use a different account name, enter it at this step. After the account is created, you can’t change the account name.
- Enter the account password in the Password and Verify fields, and then enter a hint to help you remember the password.
- Click Create User.