Heroes of the Storm Voice Chat Not Working
- I can't hear others in voice chat in HOTS
- Others can't hear me when I talk in Heroes
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat. If you need information on voice chat features, visit our Blizzard Voice Chat article.Note: You will be unable to use voice chat if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Ensure your Blizzard Battle.net desktop app region is the same as your game region
- Make sure your device is properly set in-game.
- Go to Options > Voice Chat and ensure the 'Speakers & Headphones' section is set to Default System Device.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is plugged in.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it's unmuted.
- Make sure your Default Device is set up correctly in Windows by right-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and selecting Recording Devices.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
- If your voice chat is set to Push To Talk, try changing the keybind for Voice Chat: Push To Talk to a different key in the Options menu under Voice Chat.
Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Ensure the ports for both Blizzard Voice Chat and Heroes of the Storm are set up
Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled
- Ensure Windows 10 privacy settings are not preventing use of your microphone or headset.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums.