- Overwatch is lagging.
- I get a lot of lag or latency when playing Overwatch.
Our Diagnosing Overwatch Network Problems article can help you identify what type of latency problem you're experiencing.
Check the BlizzardCS Twitter before troubleshooting your problem with the steps below.
- Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data.
- Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- If you're using a VPN, try removing it.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
- Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- Old firmware on your modem and router can cause issues with complex game connections. Visit the manufacturer's website for instructions on how to apply firmware updates.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums or contact us.